Saturday, April 01, 2006

iPod Nano? What's that?

When my wife gifted me an iPod 2 years back, I must admit I was honoured. Even the CEO of the place where I worked (he goes to San Francisco the same way we take the weekend off to a nearby beach) envied me. Today, there are more iPods in the office (and with my friends) I can think of. A 50-year-old female cousin of mine, who does not know the difference between a RAM and Ram the male sheep, is buying an iPod Nano tomorrow. In other words, the iPod rocks.

It is, no doubt, as much a mass phenomenon as Rubik's Cube was in the '70s and the '80s even though I seriously doubt it will go the Cube's way. But Cnet's story on iPod Nano alternatives makes for interesting reading. Jasmine France feels (and rightly so) that the iPod Nano, though easy to use, lacks an FM tuner, is prone to scratching (many iPod Nanos were recalled after it was discovered that their screens were brittle), and most importantly, is damn expensive. At least in India.

Before you buy that iPod Nano, I suggest you read the piece. Truly enlightening.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice piece Sachin...

5:42 am  
Blogger Scribbler said...

Hmm... the iPod is a truly overrated piece of equipment. Especially the Nano. I agree with what Ms France has to say.

4:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

12:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home